Written by Mark Restanio and illustrated by Ignacio Loza Coll.
Check out my latest Children’s Book review of “Smile, God Loves You”. This book is perfect for ages 2-3, and is a wonderful book to teach our littlest ones about the love of God. Read this book to see how God is present in all situations, good and bad, and how no matter what, he will works all things out for the good of those who love him.
Things I love about this book:
- One sentence per page means this book is perfect for ages 2-3. The repetition of “Smile, God loves you”, on each second page is also a huge plus for this age group! “Let’s all say it together!”
- The main message of this book is how God works good things for those who love him. One of my favorite illustrations is when a little girl drops her ice-cream and is very sad, on the next page we see a crowd of puppies all playing with her and licking the ice-cream off her hands!
- Another awesome thing about this book is all the feelings! Learning to identify feelings and then feeling them is so important for our little ones. “Smile, God Loves You” uses words like, scared, frustrated, lonely, and then counters them with strength, joy, and understanding.
- The illustrations in this book are very colorful and unique. I love how the theme of snapshots with a camera runs throughout the story.
- The diversity in this book is fantastic! We see many different characters and each one has a different skin color, hair style, body shape, etc. At the end of the book, we see all of the kids smiling at the camera together!
Watch the video below to see how God’s love shines through to our little ones!
For your convenience affiliate links have been added to this post.
Did you enjoy this book review? Check out “My Hollydog Rides in the Car” next!