Written by M. Drew and illustrated by Margherita Grasso.
“It’s Raining Cats and Dogs” written by M. Drew and illustrated by Margherita Grasso is the next book you need for your 4-5 year-old! Join in as we see cats and dogs shooting down from the sky! This book is full of imagination and perfect to read to your little one if they have had a tough day.
Things I love about this book:
- The illustrations in this book are super detailed and each cat and dog has their own little personality. I had so much fun looking at each animal’s face! The illustrator plays a lot with light and shadow which is what makes the drawings so unique.
- The rhyming scheme of this book really works! Everything flows smoothly for great transitions, no cheesiness here! Thank goodness!
- The ending made me so happy! Spoiler alert! All of the cats and dogs who rained down from the sky don’t have homes, so where do they go? Every single one of them, and yes, there are a lot, get to live happily every after with our main character! No need to be stuck in reality!
- This book is like escaping into a brand new world where kids can be kids. I highly recommend this book to read to your little ones if they have had a tough day. “Its Raining Cats and Dogs” is like a comfort book. It brings cheer to a rainy day.
- This is one of my top 10 books to read for 2020!
Watch the video below to see amazing illustrations, and cats and dogs raining from the sky!
For your convenience affiliate links have been added to this post.
Did you like this book review? Check out “My Hollydog Rides in the Car” next!